Unicode Armenian language support for Windows XP How-To
Click here for the Windows 2000
To complete the installation you may need Windows XP installation CD and must be logged in as a user with Administrative privileges.1. Installing Unicode Armenian Language support for Windows XP
- Click on the Start button then Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options
- The "Regional and Language Options" dialog box will appear. Select the "Languages" tab.
- In the "Supplemental language support" section check the "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)" check-box.
- Click the "Apply" or "OK" button.
- At this point you may be asked to insert the installation CD.
- Restart the computer (1)
(1) You may restart the computer after first adding the Armenian into the list of active languages.2. Adding Armenian into the list of active languages.
- Repeat the 1.a. and 1.b. from the previous section.
- Click the "Details..." button, which is located in the "Text services and input languages" section.
- The "Text services and input languages" dialog box will appear. Click the "Add..." button.
- "Add Input Languages" dialog box will appear. Select "Armenian" from the "Input language" drop down menu. From the "Keyboard layout/IME" drop down list select any of the Armenian Keyboard Layouts (Armenian Eastern or Armenian Western).
- Finish installing by clicking the "OK" buttons in all the open windows.
Unfortunately the keyboard layouts for Armenian that are shipped with Windows XP may seem unusual for most of the users accustomed to the traditional typewriter or phonetic layouts.
You can download and install two additional keyboard layout: Armenian Phonetic Eastern and Armenian Typewriter Eastern.